Parliament petition calling for Gaza ceasefire earns over 200,000 signatures
An official petition launched in the Parliament of Canada is gaining thousands upon thousands of signatures. Sponsored by Alexandre Boulerice, NDP MP for Rosemont—La Petite-Patrie, it has gained over 200,000 signatures by Canadians.
Petition to the Prime Minister
- Canada demand an immediate ceasefire in the Israel-Palestine conflict;
- Canada ask that Israel lift the blockade of the Gaza Strip and authorize the creation of a humanitarian corridor and an emergency humanitarian intervention;
- Canada ask that Israel meet its commitments under the Geneva Conventions and international humanitarian law;
- Canada meet its international commitment to promote and defend human rights;
- Canada take any other measure necessary to protect civilians, both Israelis and Palestinians, and help foster a climate conducive to building a lasting peace.
We, the undersigned, citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the House of Commons in Parliament assembled to require the Prime Minister to take the necessary measures to address the Israel-Palestine conflict.
(You will be directed to the website of the Parliament of Canada)